
He did it.
The 23 year old "Swimming Machine" finally achieved his ambitious goal of 8 Olympic Gold Medals at the Beijing Olympic 2008.
What a phenomenon!
He's totally incredible. And I'm so proud of him, though I'm not an American. Haha. I hope I were. HA!
But I believe all of us are extremely happy for him. Seeing him set such a world-shocking aim and then achieving it has been such a gratification for everyone. Breaking several world records and sweeping a whole lot of money into his pocket, it has been more than just a dream come true.
AND the aftermath of all these will be endless advertisements and endorsement from the various sports apparel companies. I will not be surprised if he even step onto the runway and model for some of the world renown brands like dunhill, Burberry, Calvin Klein etc.
From the tip of his hair to the end of his toenail will be very well taken care of, and glamourously commercialised. His whole entity will be worshipped by many.What a history maker and a powerful influence in the world he has become. To me it looks like a dream. Because i know that's so not going to happen to me? HAHAHA. Perhaps.
Well I believe Phelps worked very very hard all these years to come to where he is now. What I love most about the Olympics is not all the cheerings and admiration felt for the sportsmen or sportswomen who did exceedingly well. But realising that the sportsmen and women are doing what they love and for some, rewarded for doing well in what they loved to do the most in the whole of this world.
What's more gratifying than doing well in what you do best? What's more rewarding than being the best in the world in what you love to do? I think all the participants are grateful enough to be able to represent their countries in this globally telecasted event. Even though the pressure is as huge as an indian elephant resting on the athletes' shoulders, but the glory shone on their faces cannot be replaced, and will not by exchanged for anything else in the world.
What i realised about today's world is that most people are not being really involved in what they love to do the most in their life. Work is more important; money is more important; the career ladder is more important.
One of the many ways to true happiness in life is being able to do what you love to do most. No restrictions, just you and what you love to do.
It can be swimming, dancing. singing, drumming, drawing, helping others ...
For instance, I guess Michael Phelps enjoys real and true freedom in the pool. I remember that the media reported that his mother said, "If he can live in the waters, he will."
What you love to do is where you can truly breath, in this suffocating world. (By myself)
Which means that you can only truly breath, and will only start breathing in this world when you start to pursue what you love doing. Get involved!
Life cannot be lived without passion, or you will live as though without a soul, let alone spirit.
I see many people just live their lives purposelessly, flow along the bucks-chasing crowds. Just so many dreams are wasted, as they lay like a stillborn in people inner child.
And what courage one needs to garner inside oneself to take the first step up the stairs to the unknown and unlimited possibilities. Critisism comes, and they will never stop coming. Stumbling blocks are gonna be tumbling down to smash you straight in your face. You will fall many times, and bruise yourself. There will be moments in this where only you and yourself will be there to face the music. It's a battle between you and yourself...
Dreams are never easy to achieve, or else the greatness of it, and the glory and glamour it brings would be too overrated already. To soar, one has to go through the mud. Well, only when you get down down down will you know the true full height you are flying at later on.
But I believe it will be all worth it. It will be; as history has shown, it always has been so.
Well, are you ready to start breathing now?
If not now, when?

No comments:
Post a Comment