Monday, December 31, 2007

I have been a chef for many years already. I specialise in Western Delicacies, from the starters to the desserts. Now, I have a restaurant of my own, and life has been great, because i'm doing what i like most and can do best at.

Cooking was my favourite past time since i was young, and eventually my passion propelled me to travel to the US to persue my dream. Actually my parents weren't very approving towards my decision, but thank God i have a good friend who had always been there to give me the support and encouragement i needed.

One day i decided to close my restaurant early and invite my friend over for dinner- i was going to prepare a meal for the both of us to celebrate her recent promotion.

In fact, I'd come up with a new recipe for marinating the meat for the Sirloin Steak recently too, and i'm so excited to let her try it! My first customer for my new dish!





"There you go! This is new dish that i'm going to add to my restaurant's menu soon."

"Wow! That looks great! Sorry i'm late today okay, but see what i've brought with me!"

Hokkien Mee


Satay



Creamy Salmon Pasta


And Sushi!



"Wow, you bought so much food. How are we going to finish them all by ourselves? Haha."

"Well tonight is to celebrate my promotion isn't it? We should have lots of food on the table and feast!"

"Oh haha, but i told you i'm whipping up the dinner already right? And i thought you wanted me to do so very much too?"

"Yea yea. Don't worry alright, i'll finish every single bit of whatever you have cooked okay. Haha. Hey, have some of this Hokkien Mee. I queued long for it okay. And the satay!"

"Well okay. You must really try this new creation of mine. I put a lot of hard work preparing it."

"Oh yes i will. You have some sushi too alright."

"So when are you going to new office?"

"Oh soon. Next week i guess?"

"That's a pretty good start for the new year isn't it? Have more of my steak. I'll finish the food you buy."

"The noodles are really nice isn't it? Oh try try. And the pasta. MMMM NICE!"

"Ya. So what do you think of it? My steak."

"Well it's okay. Everything you cook is nice."

"Oh thanks! Any more comments? There must be some room for improvments right."

"Nah, it's really nice. Oh the cream of the salmon is just so smooth. Do you have any cheese at home?"

"Yea yea, i'll get it for you. You should finish up the steak first you know. Or you won't have any space for it. Finish it while it's still hot."

"Why not get some red wine? It would go well with the steak."

"That would be awesome. You want the one from France or the new one i bought from Germany?"

"Well the one that we usually drink would be fine. Wow the Hokkien Mee is really filling you know."

"Here's your cheese. You shouldn't have anymore of the noodle or the spaghetti. Too much carbs. I'll have them. You better finish my steak! "

"So how's you and him?"

"What? who?"

"Well Pete? I thought he wanted to court you?"

"Oh yea. But he was so indecisive all the time. And you know i hate indecisive people."

"Mmmm. Do you want the last satay? Or i'll have it."

"I shall have it. You are not even half way done with the steak."

"Fine fine, you can have it. But i thought he has been pretty sweet to you all these while? Bought you flowers and stuffs?"

"Yeah... But all these meant little to me. It's easy to throw gifts at me and all you know. He's a little insincere sometimes."

"Like how?"

"Sometimes he doesn't deliver his promise? I know he's a busy man, but sometimes i'm really irritated by this. Cancelling the dates with me just because of a sudden meeting or the coming of an important client? I took the effort organise my staffs at my dear restaurant in order to meet him you know. As you'd known, i'm still short of kitchen staffs now."

"Oh okay. Wow i'm quite full already."

"Who ask you to buy so much food? Now we are still left with so much."

"Well i didn't know what i really want to eat, so i bought whatever that comes to my mind. Moreover Thomas was more than willing to help me buy them."

"You uh, using him again? Ha. Anyway you are just as indecisive as Pete. He brings me out, but usually we waste a lot of time deciding where to go, what to do, what to eat etc. In the end it just drags and drags. Sometimes we even ended up not going out at all."

"Hey i'm not that bad okay! I'll finish the food. Haha."

"It's not that. Sometimes i just feel that Pete's not giving me the priority that i deserve. He's courting me you know. He should put in more. Well if only he puts in as much effort as i did."

"Well perhaps you can be more understanding? He's courting you, and you are already so demanding! You might scare him off."

"I don't care whether i scare him off or not. My feelings for him has not surpass the friend level yet. If things doesn't turn out well then we can just be friends."

"Maybe he's not not giving you the priority. Hmmm...*take a sip of wine*... Maybe you are the one who's unable to see his efforts?"

"Hey I'm the one who's putting in more efforts and getting rejected by him time and again alright. He's the party who's not appreciative enough. Just like you."

"What? What have i done?"

"You know that i'm going to cook dinner for the both of us already, but you still went to buy all the other food over."

"Hey i did not buy these food just for myself only you know. It's for you also."

"But the main purpose today was to try out my new dish isn't it? And guess what. You are savouring all the other food like you should. You are like Pete. You didn't set your priority right."

"But i thought more food would make today's celebration more fulfilling. And i thought you would like it too."

"I loved all these food, really, but i love to see you truly tasting the steak that i'd specially cooked for you more."

"Hmmm... sorry."

"It's okay... *weak smile*... I guess you don't want any more of that half finished steak already right? Shall i clear it?"

"No, i can still have it."

"No, you are too full. I knew it from the look on your face. Cumon' it's okay."

"Hey i'm sorry alright. I should have eaten the steak first. No, I shouldn't have bought all these junk food here tonight in the first place."

"It's okay. I'm really fine. Really..."

No comments: