Friday, February 22, 2008

Back again from field camp.




It was HORRIBLE. Everyone would probably agree that it was the worst days of their life. But it was fun and memorable at the same time la. Time flies when you were out field - one moment it was day break and you wonder how the day would be like, either carrying a heart full of anticipation or a spirit of fatigue and grump, the next second you know it, the light slowly retreats into its comforty corner to allow darkness to invade into our senses.

Ask me whether i like day more or the night. I would say day. Because at night it was very troublesome in terms of moving around and searching and packing of things. Nevertheless it was cooler and almost everyone would heave a breath of relief that it's finally time to rest.

One thing i dont like about field camp is that we must either be in high-kneel, squat or sitting position. What the fcuk? And most people would avoid walking around or be in standing position because of the high possibility of getting 'shot' by the commanders and be declared as casualty. Then other people would need to be mobilised to 'casevac' him to a safety area.

Yea, pretty bullshit. Bloody hell.

There's a huge patch of bruise on both my kneels now. Nice. My joints are killing me now. Great.

Oh yea, i had fever on thursday, which was the day i finished field camp. I took the 10pm fastcraft to spore and my dad came to fetch me from the ferry terminal.

I was feeling horrible at the time. Freaked out when i took my temperature. Fever occurance was very rare for me.

But I was very disappointed with the commanders then because of their insufficient care and concern to the recruits. I went to report sick and at the door of the office, guess what the sgt who answered the door said - "you dont look sick to me".

I was freaking 38.8 okay. Fcuk him dammit. I was serious enough to get attend c okay, which means i need to go home to rest.

I was thinking of highlighting this to higher authority. The more i think of it the more my blood boils. RAH.

When i reached home it really felt like heaven.

My dad put cold towels on my forehead throughout the night, and also called me up in the middle of the night to drink cold water. He probably went to sleep at 4am and wake up at 6am for work. SUPER GOOD DADDY! (:

And just now he bought mangosteen for me! So tasty. I told my mum i want to have it before i went for field camp. I myself forgot about it already okay. And my mum washed all my dirty clothes and yaddas just now too when she came back from work. She told me that her arms almost broke off cos' it's so tiring scrubbing and scrubbing. Yea, she handwashed my clothes before dumping them into the washing machine for a second wash. SUPER SWEET.

My parents consistantly nag me to eat my medicine, drink water, sleep early bla bla bla bla. This is the feeling of happiness.

My mum also planned with my sister to bring me to a feast at sakae when i come home. How sweet. But i turned out to be sick and made everyone worry for me. POUT.


Thank god i survived field camp and was able to come back to a home full of love.

No comments: